In a previous blog post I explained how to infuse butter and oils. Now here is your chance to make a classic recipe just a little bit better: cannabis-infused banana bread.
I often buy a bunch of bananas and don’t always manage to eat them all before they begin to turn black. When that happens I just throw them, still in the peel, into the “banana container” in my freezer. When I’m ready I just take out 3-4 frozen bananas and thaw them.
This recipe has always been a favourite of mine. Not only do I love the potassium-rich bananas combined with cannabutter, but this recipe can be modified in a number of different ways to make it your very own.
Makes approximately 12 (1g) servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cannabutter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 – 3 overripe bananas (approx 2 ⅓ cups), mashed
- 2 mixing bowls (1 large)
- mixing utensils
- 9” x 5” loaf pan
- Cooling rack
- Toothpicks (to test for doneness)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in beaten eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Add banana mixture into flour mixture, stirring enough just to moisten. Do not over-mix!
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 65 to 75 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
This is where your own creativity and style can come through to make this banana bread your own: Add ½ cup of chocolate chips, walnuts, dried fruit or coconut to the dry ingredients (Instruction 2). I love the combination of coconut and pecans and often use dehydrated banana chips as decoration on top. What’s your favourite combo?
Low Dose: If you are new to edibles please begin with a half serving (half a slice of cannabanana bread) and wait one hour before ingesting more to ascertain your tolerance.
If you consume too much edible for your comfort level, do not panic. You are okay. Drink some orange juice, listen to some music, and maybe take a nap. You will sleep well.
High Dose: If you find that the dosage is not high enough, you have the option of eating another piece or making extra-strength cannabanana bread with cannaflour. (Makes approximately 12 (2g) servings.)
Additional Ingredients: 14 g fine-ground decarboxylated cannabis.
1 tsp ground cinnamon (to mask cannabis flavour)
Additional Instructions: Add ground cannabis and cinnamon to flour with other dry ingredients in Instruction 2. Continue recipe as described.
**May cause drowsiness, please do not operate heavy machinery after consuming.**