The cannabis-infused chocolate brownie — Special Brownies — is the most well-known edible on the planet. And while there are many variations of this classic stoner treat, this recipe is my favourite. It’s also dairy free, with optional substitutions to make it vegan too!
I’m not sure why, but brownies were one of the last things I actually developed an infused recipe for, maybe because they’re so popular I thought of them as overdone. But since I started making my own, they have been one of my most requested edibles.
The Infamous Special Brownies
Makes 24 brownies
- 1 cup infused cooking cannaoil
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 mixing bowls and utensils
- 1 9” x 13” greased baking pan (or 2 All Edges/individual brownie pans)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Beat together oil and sugar until well blended.
- Add in eggs and vanilla, stir until completely combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together all dry ingredients.
- Blend dry ingredients into the wet mixture (adding dry mix ½ cup at a time makes blending easier and less messy).
- Pour into 9 x 13 greased baking pan (or two All Edges Brownie Pans).
- Bake for 30–40 minutes or until sides just start to pull away from the pan (test centre of brownie for desired doneness with toothpicks).
- Cool completely before cutting.
- Vegan: replace 4 eggs with 1 ⅓ cup of unsweetened applesauce or 2 mashed bananas. When using bananas, you may need to increase your baking time by about 5 minutes.
- After incorporating wet and dry ingredients, mix in ½ cup of walnuts.
- Before baking, place caramel squares evenly throughout the batter (1 per brownie) to make Caramel Special Brownies!
- Once brownies are completely cooled, add chocolate icing for a truly decadent chocolate treat.
If you are new to edibles please begin with a half serving and wait one hour before ingesting more to ascertain your tolerance.
If you find you’ve consumed too much edible, please do not panic. You are okay. Drink some orange juice, listen to some music, and maybe take a nap. You will sleep well.
**May cause drowsiness, please do not operate heavy machinery.**