I love a good recipe especially, but this one for cannabis-infused pecan pie is a particular favourite because it was shared with me by a wonderful friend and mentor, Puff Mama.
I first met Puff Mama almost fifteen years ago when she would hold these fantastic cannabis-infused dinner parties with a few hundred of her closest friends and their guests. Unlike anything I had ever seen before, the feast that she had prepared including an infused turkey with canna-stuffing and “mashed pot-atoes”. It made cannabis-cooking look easy.
That night, based on that dinner, I bought a copy of a tiny homemade ‘zine full of Puff Mama’s recipes. And I have been baking and cooking with cannabis ever since. Years later when I began hosting baking videos online, Puff Mama was one of my first guests and this was the recipe we made together.
Budder Pecan Pie
Makes 6-8 servings
- ½ cup of cannabutter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup of white granulated sugar
- ¾ cane syrup or light corn syrup
- ¼ cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup whole or chopped (as preferred) pecans
- 1 prepared (frozen) crust in pie tin
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Sauce pan & utensils
- Blender/food processor/beater & mixing bowl
- Cooling rack
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a saucepan melt cannabutter over low-medium heat, without stirring, until butter “browns” slightly (darkens in shade). Stir gently once and remove from heat.
- In blender/food processor combine eggs, sugar, syrup, honey, vanilla, and salt.
- Mix in melted cannabutter.
- Add pecans, crushing or keeping whole as preferred.
- Pour mixture into pie crust in tin. Bake for 40-50 mins (or until middle sets).
- Remove from heat and allow to cool on rack.
- Serve at room temperature, with whipped cream or ice cream.
Want to change the flavour a bit? There are some great ways to alter this recipe. Replace the vanilla with maple extract and the honey with a ¼ cup of maple syrup for a Maple-Budder Pecan Pie.
Low Dose: If you are new to edibles please begin with a half serving and wait one hour before ingesting more to ascertain your tolerance.
If you find you’ve consumed too much edible, please do not panic. You are okay. Drink some orange juice, listen to some music, and maybe take a nap. You will sleep well.
High Dose: If you find that the dosage is not high enough you have the option of eating another piece. But please start slowly as cannabis edibles do take some time to digest.
**May cause drowsiness, please do not operate heavy machinery.**