4/20 2017 was a unique day in Canada. Just a week after the federal Liberals revealed legislation for recreational marijuana, we should have only been celebrating. Instead, advocates and activists were also protesting the ridiculous restrictions this bill introduces. It treats marijuana as more dangerous than alcohol and tobacco, encourages a big-business oligarchy, and won’t protect kids or drive out organized crime.
Editor’s Note: This poem was first published January 9th, 2015. But what good is being the editor if you can’t suggest people reread your rhymes?
Sometimes I sit in reverie,
and think ‘bout things
to do and see
and buy and try and master soon —
while smoking; staring at the moon.
- O’Cannabiz — the United States of Cannabiz by Tracy Curley
- 19 and Counting … Global Marijuana March THIS Saturday! by Tracy Curley
- Legal Lies: Liberals Drop the Ball on Legalization by Opus 420
- MUFF‘n’PUFF: Twelve High Chicks Meets The MUFF Society by Tracy Curley
- Legal Weed Must Forgive Cannabis Convictions by Jay Schmoeker